[GRASS5] [bug #3876] (grass) g.proj: proj4= fails, wkt= works partialy

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Dec 4 16:10:47 EST 2005

Maciek Sieczka wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Thanks for your fixes.
>
> There are more possible bugs:
>
> 1.
> GRASS 6.1.cvs (poloniny_ll):~ > g.proj location=poloniny_65
> wkt=puwg1965_IV.prj
>

> New location is not created, no error output, no information. What
> happens actually (if anything)?

In theory it should verify the input file (puwg1965_IV.prj) is
correct/acceptable and then not do anything because you haven't
specified any flags. None of the flags are required, but I suppose it is
required to have at least one or else nothing happens. I don't know if
there's an easy way to program it in the parser though. If there isn't
it could be done in the module with just a little bit more work.

> 2.
> GRASS 6.1.cvs (poloniny_ll):~ > g.proj --help

>  Prints and manipulates GRASS projection information files.
>
> Usage:
>  g.proj [-pdjwefc] [georef=name] [wkt=name] [proj4=name]
>    [location=name]
> 						^
> 				That's propably why I assumed I
> 				should specify a file name here
> 				(part of my initial bug report).

Hmm I didn't realise it was possible to change the text shown there. But
it is (using the key_desc option) and I have.

Paul