[GRASS5] G_done_msg()

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 05:29:00 EST 2005

Any objections to removing the tests in G_done_msg() and just using:

int G_done_msg(char *msg)
{
    fprintf (stderr, _("%s complete. %s\n"), G_program_name(), msg);
    return 0;
}

?

I would like to have the "all done" message show up in the Tcl windows
as it is not always obvious when a long running module is actually
complete. Currently (for me) the tests make the GUI windows skip it.

I don't understand why it would skip if getlogin() didn't match
G_whoami().  [G_whoami() calls getpwuid(getuid())]

Piping to stderr should obviate the isatty() checks.

Even better would be to have G_done_msg() trigger a green check-mark
icon in the tcl GUI, just like G_warning() and G_fatal_error() trigger
coloured "!" and "X" icons.

Hamish