[GRASS5] Column-names of FeatureID in OGR

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Wed Dec 14 08:32:15 EST 2005

Dear list,

I can remember a former discussion about the column-nameings for the
different OGR-drivers. Currently GRASS cycles through 3 different
FID-namings (FID, ogc_fid, ogr_fid) and trys to link the attributes (see
$GRASSBASE/lib/vector/Vlib/fields.c:395)

I need to connect to a oracle-database with v.external where the
Feature-IDs are named different than the 3 tried columns. Consequently
v.extrenal fails.

Is there a chance that a user can specify the FID-column-name on
the command-line? This would be very handy, otherwise I need to add
another column to the oracle-tables which is named ether FID, ogc_fid or
ogr_fid.

What would be the best solution for this?
What do you think?

TIA

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508