[GRASS5] Why is r.to.rast3 missing?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Dec 15 11:15:27 EST 2005

Can r3.cross.rast get into the CVS too? This is a great tool.

I'm name neutral about this as long as I get it right and put it in the menu
correctly.

However, if I wanted to get philosophical, I'd say that you should name the
module with respect to the file type you start with for type conversion
within grass. Things starting with raster and converting to something else
should be r.to.xxx. Things starting with rast3 should be r3.to.xxx.
Currently we have r.to.vect and v.to rast for example.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA