[GRASS5] lamer question

RK hiding at freemail.hu
Thu Dec 29 09:03:50 EST 2005

Hello!

I'm using grass 6.1 CVS for a while and I love it - I've been teaching ARC/INFO for years, but 10 years
ago on UNIX systems - I'm just happy to see that there is still a system with command line and
scripting possibilities.

However, I'm just not able to figure out how to cut a raster image (subset, crop).
I have a huge DTM and I woud like to get a portion of it.
I need to cut it by co-ordinates. I know that it should be simple but I'm afraid I still doesn't have
the "GRASS mind" enough which may be needed. :)

(Oh - another point, the projection systems and their management in grass - wow! That's it :) really great!)

Is there any guidebook out there with general howto-s?

thanks in advance

Robert