[GRASS5] Platform for next generation UI

Māris Nartišs maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 10:47:00 EST 2005

Hi,

to add fuel to flame:
  - will "NeXTGRASS" target also embedded devices/systems? Its a Q
about OpenGL/resource expensive GUI toolkit.
 - what do You think about SAGA?
http://www.saga-gis.uni-goettingen.de/html/index.php Look at they GUI.
- Out there are lots of new OS/Free GIS apps (JUMP, gvSIG, etc) How
GRASS would be better? Currently it is its CLIness. Do we need to
fight with other apps in they (GUI) area?
  - TclTk has historic sources, but a new GUI toolkit can be a good
start point to overlook whole program and drop/change other things
too.
  - I like Qt (my vote) (especially in KDE and not pure one ;), but
isn't Qt too C++ oriented (I'm just lame and not programmer)? Will
NeXTGRASS be mixture of C an C++?

Lets make revolution!

just my 0,02 Ls ;)
Happy new year from snowy Latvia,