[GRASS5] Re: [Fwd: whinging about GRASS again]

Andrea Antonello moovida at katamail.com
Tue Feb 1 13:01:18 EST 2005

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 18:19, Mark P. Line wrote:
> I'd be working about 10 times faster if I could use Java/Swing for GUI
> work, but that would introduce Yet Another Platform (albeit one that works
> on everything from cellphones to mainframes).

I agree completely, even if I know I will incur the wrath of the gods in this
list. Nevertheless I would suggest people knowing java to have a look at
this:
http://www.hydrologis.com/html/jgrass/screenshots/images.html
Please remember that we try to extend GRASS, not to kill it (yes I am
afraid :o)).

If someone is interested in trying the installation:
http://www.hydrologis.com/html/jgrass/jgrass_en.html

This is just an appetizer. In a (hopefully) short while we will officially
announce the first release and open the CVS to interested people. BTW the
source is contained in the installation package.

Cheers,
Andrea

HydroloGIS - Environmental Open Source Solutions
www.hydrologis.com

Andrea Antonello
Environmental Engineer
mobile:  +393288497722

"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik