[GRASS5] pot. v.to.db problems

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Thu Feb 3 04:17:17 EST 2005

Dear developers,

while working with v.to.db I ran into the following problem.

Added a column to the existing attribute-table (dbf)
echo "CREATE TABLE ${MYAREA} ( id int, cat varchar(50), \
area double precision);"|db.execute

tryed to load area-features into the table:
v.to.db map=${MYAREA} option=area units=meters column=area
but: it fails.

when I update the newly created columns with 0-values before, I can
upload the area-attributes to each dataset.
echo "UPDATE ${MYAREA} SET area=0 WHERE id >= 1;"|db.execute

Is that the correct way? If so, a hint on the manual-page would be good.

THanks
	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl