[GRASS5] 6.0.x CVS

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Feb 3 05:29:14 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 06:26:06PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 03:43:47PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 01:36:16PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> Link not done yet, because my question below went unanswered so far.
> If there are not objections I will then probably just go ahead
> when I have a few minutes to do this.
>
> > > That's why I suggested a link.
> > >
> > > e.g., in CVS:

either:

> > >   mv grass51/ grass6/

or:

> > >   ln -s grass6 grass51

The latter is the fast and less risky one
which doesn't break nothing.

> > > should work.
> >
> > I can try.
> > When shall I do this?
> > (I need to stop CVS access for a period.

It's hard to decide from here when you'll have time :-)

If above ln -s thing works, the CVS  will be unavailable for 1-5 minutes
(which may just look like a local network problem at our end).
Probably sending the mail to announce a CVS downtime takes
more time to be processed in our Mailman with currently 385 subscribers
than just doing it.

I think that we all have enough patience to wait even longer
than 5 minutes. If the link idea doesn't work, we can think again.

Just my 0.02 Euro

Markus