[GRASS5] r.mapcalc question

David Piasecki piasecda at nv.doe.gov
Thu Feb 3 11:42:23 EST 2005

When I tried running r.patch, it took a really long time. Since I'd
never used r.mapcalc before, I thought it might be faster. The line I
wrote in r.mapcalc seems to be checking if a pixel is null, then
finding the image with that pixel and drawing it. I assumed r.patch was
writing all pixels from every image every time. If it's not any faster,
then yes, I might as well use r.patch.

Although my r.mapcalc line worked the first time, I have yet to be able
to repeat it. For some reason, the region information changes to the
(x,y) projection, and then I assume it's attempting to draw someplace
else. So I may end up returning to r.patch anyway.

David