[GRASS5] Re: launch html browser as a new process & free the command line

Stefan Paulick stefan.paulick at urbeli.com
Thu Feb 10 01:07:09 EST 2005

Huidae Cho schrieb:

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 04:21:40PM +1300, Hamish wrote:
>
>> should we expect new users to be educated in the ways of unix and
>> backgrounding jobs?
>
> No, we shouldn't. But we cannot expect users to use only graphical browsers.

Using GRASS in a non-graphical environment seems not to be very common. So I
see no reason why not demanding a graphical browser as mandatory.

Backgrounding jobs should be known - > tcltkgrass &. (even I do ;-)) )
Maybe some note in the wiki should be added.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kindest regards

Stefan Paulick

http://www.urbeli.com
mailto://stefan.paulick@urbeli.com