[GRASS5] HAVE_LSEEK

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Feb 23 06:13:32 EST 2005

Brad Douglas wrote:

> I doing some finishing touches on a module and I have a question about
> the Makefile process in CVS current.
>
> I have a front-end module with several sub-modules it calls for various
> tasks.  I would like to exclude one of the modules from being compiled
> if the system does not have lseek().

The core GRASS libraries won't work on a system without lseek().

> Working inside the code is handled easily by #ifdef HAVE_LSEEK...  How
> would I go about excluding a module from being compiled in the GRASS
> Makefile?
>
> I can't simply do (in Makefile):
>
> SUBDIRS = front.end \
>           module.one \
> #ifdef HAVE_LSEEK
>           module.two \
> #endif
>           module.three
>
> Suggestions?

SUBDIRS = front.end \
          module.one

ifneq ($(HAVE_LSEEK),)
SUBDIRS += module.two
endif

SUBDIRS += module.three

Note: you have to define a make variable called HAVE_LSEEK; you can't
access the preprocessor macros in config.h from a Makefile.