[GRASS5] Re: [bug #3023] (grass) r.fillnulls doesn't work

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 00:07:04 EST 2005

> > both scripts have new bugfixes and extra checks. can you test them?
>
> Ok, I dowlnloaded them but didn't rebuild, just copied into my Grass6
> directory. These are scripts, I don't have to rebuild, right?

correct. After running 'cvs update' in the module's directory, you can
run 'make' from the same directory to copy the script into the install
dir. Copying by hand as you did works ok too.

> r.in.srtm works ok now, thanks.
>
> r.fillnulls fails in such a way:
>
> GRASS 6.0.cvs:~ > r.fillnulls input=N51E016_nowy
> output=N51E016_nowy.fld Using tmp file r_fillnulls_4707
> Locating and isolating NULL areas...
>  100%
> r.buffer: 00000000 - illegal distance specification
..
> ERROR detected: /usr/local/grass-6.0.cvs/scripts/r.fillnulls
> abandoned.  Removing                        temporary map:
..
> > .. pretty much everything will be broken after the r.buffer step
> > fails. Please try again with the two updated scripts.
>
> As you said...

well at least it fails gracefully now.

hmmm. I've just downloaded the N51E016 SRTM data and r.fillnulls
works fine for me.

Lat/lon location, right?
GRASS> g.proj -p

what do you get if you type this at a command prompt:

echo "0.3 0.3" | awk '{printf "%.8f\n", ($1 + $2)}'

?

00000000 or 0.60000000 ?

Hamish