[GRASS5] outdated Grass5 bugs list

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Feb 28 05:02:40 EST 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 11:53:37AM +1300, Hamish wrote:
> > I vote (for what it's worth) for removing as many bugs as possible
> > from the  list; most of them do not apply anymore, and give new user a
> > very bad  impression. Furthermore, it is difficult to find "real" bugs
> > now.
>

> WRT bugs in the bug tracker, we could make better use of the priority
> settings to sort out the important bugs from two year old bugs that only
> turned up on one guy's Amstrad somewhere down in New Zealand (which is
> probably just a misconfiguration on his system anyway).
>
> AFAI understand, 100 is super critical and 0 means don't worry about it.

Yes, the priority could be utilised a lot more.

> Retired "won't fix" wishes/bugs for 5.4 should be included in the 5.4
> CVS BUGS file I think.

This is what I believe the CVS bug list can be used for.

> The Debian bug system has "won't fix" and "unreproducible" tags for bug
> status; maybe useful for the GRASS system as well?

I like to switch GRASS's CVS to a new machine somewhere in the future,
then I will also propose a switch to a new issue tracker.
This is a bit away, but I don't think we should make major adjustments
until then as the current tracker basically works and no tracker
will be perfect. :)

	Bernhard