[GRASS5] outdated Grass5 bugs list

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Feb 28 06:40:20 EST 2005

Hamish wrote:

> > I vote (for what it's worth) for removing as many bugs as possible
> > from the  list; most of them do not apply anymore, and give new user a
> > very bad  impression. Furthermore, it is difficult to find "real" bugs
> > now.
>
> WRT bugs in the bug tracker, we could make better use of the priority
> settings to sort out the important bugs from two year old bugs that only
> turned up on one guy's Amstrad somewhere down in New Zealand (which is
> probably just a misconfiguration on his system anyway).

Ideally we need to be able to distinguish between "reported" bugs and
"confirmed" bugs. A confirmed bug would have been confirmed by someone
who knows what they're talking about and would include sufficient
information to be able to reproduce it (either using a standard
dataset or with specified test data).