[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:5349] map.apr

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jan 14 01:30:49 EST 2005

Miguel,

As Moritz said, the *.apr is an ArcView project file. You can open it with a
text processor to see the different shapefiles (ArcView GIS maps) it calls.
What you want to open are *.shp files. These are vector files. You can
import these using v.in.ogr. Make sure you just specify the DIRECTORY as the
data source name, and give the name of the shapefile WITHOUT the .shp
extension. NOTE: make sure that the *.dbf files are with the *.shp files
(you may also have *.shx files).

If you have any ArcView/ArcInfo grid files, you will need to open them as
rasters with r.in.gdal.

Michael

On 1/13/05 12:15 PM, "Miguel A. Altamirano del C" <mgaac at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> anyone know how to read a map with extention .apr??
> need this map as a base map of my datas; i try with
> various d.in.gdal,ascii, etc, but don't work. The file
> i obtain from arcview and contain the american
> continent.
>
> attach the file to can see
>
> =====
> LCA Miguel A. Altamirano del C.
> "Los Mexicanos llevamos la fiesta en la garganta"
>
> Tel. 01(232)32 45208
>
> La belleza de la meteorología radica en saber
> pronosticarla y no simplemente en estudiarla
>       (Miguel A. Altamirano 28-5-00)

> Información de Estados Unidos y América Latina, en Yahoo! Noticias.
> Visítanos en http://noticias.espanol.yahoo.com

PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402