[GRASS5] cell data unable to be displayed on mapserver

Steve Halasz debian at adkgis.org
Fri Jan 14 13:07:33 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 16:34 -0600, Haiyan Yang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anyone using mapserver to display grass data?  My mapserver can
> display the spearfish soils data but cannot display my own 8-bit data.  The
> PNG images weren't created at all.  I only saw a blank page.  What could be
> the reason?  Thanks.

Ellen,

If mapserver is reading grass data via gdal, gdal does not support
floating point values in the color table and can only support up to 256
colors IIRC. Radim implemented more complex color table support via
metadata. So mapserver may need changes to access that color table.
These threads from the QGIS mailing list may be of interest:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=7917658
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=7917667
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=8603059

Steve