[GRASS5] $GIS_OPT = "(null)" to "" in scripts

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 01:15:28 EST 2005

> > The  grass51/scripts/i.spectral/i.spectral  script needs someone who
> > knows more about sed than I do to change the "(null)" test to "".
>
> I have fixed that.
>
> > [translation: i.spectral is currently buggy if not totally broken]
>
> Neither buggy nor broken... :-)
> Works well (for me).
>
> Please have a look again.

That was to say that it wouldn't work correctly until it was updated.
Now it should be fine.

> > all other scripts are now updated WRT (null).
>
> Does it also cover the recently reported security issues?
> http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2877&display=History

No, I'm working on them next.

> These seem to be the candidates:
> grep -r '/tmp/' scripts/* | cut -f1 -d: | uniq
> scripts/i.oif/i.oif

[Paul's taken care of that; I've already done r.univar.sh]

> scripts/i.oif/i.oifcalc
> scripts/i.spectral/i.spectral
> scripts/r.plane/r.plane
> scripts/r.regression.line/r.regression.line

note there are also a number of C modules which need updating as well:
imagery/i.ask/popup.c
lib/db/stubs/BUILD.PROTO
lib/db/dbmi_driver/mk_dbstubs_h.sh
lib/gis/unix_socks.c
lib/gis/gislib.dox
lib/gis/win32_pipes.c
lib/init/init.sh
lib/init/make_location_epsg_g57.sh
raster/r.digit/main.c
raster/r.median/main.c
raster/r.terraflow/description.html
raster/r.terraflow/main.cc
vector/v.out.ogr/description.html

see also
 http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2005-January/016898.html

> (there was the rumor of a patch available, though).

against the Debian 5.0.3 source, here:

Hamish