[GRASS5] Grass 5.4 CVS snapshot

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 18:20:56 EST 2005

Hello Maciek

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Maciek Sieczka wrote:

> Why was the CVS snapshot 5.3/5.4 taken off? Will a CVS snapshot of Grass 5.4
> source code be available back? I can't access the CVS repository directly as
> I download Grass on different computers in different places but never at
> home, because at home I'm using this ancient device called modem.
>
> Since the 5.4 release in November there were some bugs fixed in modules which
> I use.

There never were any snapshots of 5.4 available. Most of the bug fixes
were actually applied to the 5.3/5.5-CVS HEAD. This also contains some
extra last-minute / 'unstable' changes that are not in 5.4.0 so a
copy of it might not be what you want. It is not hard to
get a copy of it using CVS if that's what you really want:
CVSROOT=:pserver:grass-guest at intevation.de:/home/grass/grassrepository
export CVSROOT
cvs login (password grass)
cvs -z3 co grass

In time the bug fixes will be extracted from the CVS HEAD and
merged into the 5.4 release branch, and then 5.4.1 will be released. I
will do this when I have some time :)

You can check out the 5.4 branch as
cvs -z3 co -r releasebranch_5_4 grass
but as most of the bugfixes have not been applied yet it will be virtually
identical to the 5.4.0 release. If other developers have time they should
feel free to put bugfixes onto this branch as well as the HEAD :)

Paul