[GRASS5] [bug #2927] (grass) d.what.vect - broken pipe

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Jan 21 16:41:51 EST 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2927

Subject: d.what.vect - broken pipe

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: grass-6.0.cvs_src_snapshot__2005_01_15

d.what.vect in most cases quits displaying "Broken pipe" info.
I have written the proceure in detail. Sorry if I overdosed but had a good intention :).

1. Digitized a new vector line layer consisted of one short line. A database with one integer column was created in the v.digit Settings->Table menu.
2. Closed v.digit. Topology built fine.
3. Displayed on x0.
4. First d.what.vect went fine no matter how brutally I clicked and where.
5. Closed d.what.vect.
6. Started d.what.vect again. First click - no response. Next click - "Broken pipe" and exit.
7. Each folowing d.what.vect behaved the same.
8. Quiting Grass or even the X server didn't help. Rebooting did. But the problem was back after invoking d.what.vect for the second time.
9. Also some zooming and uzooming helped though not always. But again the story began after calling d.what.vect for a second time.

Maciek