[GRASS5] [bug #2927] (grass) d.what.vect - broken pipe

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Jan 25 01:47:39 EST 2005

This has been broken on all Mac OSX platforms for at least 18 months. It
seems to be variably broken on some Linux platforms. I don't know about
Windows/Cygwin platforms. I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but it
would be nice to get it fixed. So far, apparently no one has been able to
clearly find the source of this bug to fix it. I've seen discussion that
adding a 'sleep' function to someplace might help, but for some reason this
has not be implemented (perhaps it breaks something else?).

Michael

On 1/24/05 9:26 AM, "Maciek Sieczka" <werchowyna at pf.pl> wrote:

>> Request Tracker wrote:
>>> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2927
>>>
>>> Subject: d.what.vect - broken pipe
>>>
>>> Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
>>> grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
>>> grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
>>> GRASS Version: grass-6.0.cvs_src_snapshot__2005_01_15
>>>
>>> d.what.vect in most cases quits displaying "Broken pipe" info.
>
> Radim Blazek <blazek at itc.it> wrote:
>> The GUI mode does not work on all platforms, you have to use '-x'
>> flag.
>
> Hamish via RT <grass-bugs at intevation.de> wrote
>> work-around: use text mode. d.what.vect -x
>
> I have just checked that d.what.vect in GUI mode works MUCH better in
> grass57_exp_2004_12_18 built from source (though still fails from time to
> time diplaying the same "Broken pipe" info). Also the bug in v.digit
> http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2926 attacks less often in that
> grass57. Maybe this could be a clue how to fix it?
>
> My platform is Mandrake 10.1, Kde 3.2, gcc 3.3.4 (I have tried 3.4.1 but it
> fails e.g. with grass54, hdf4), kernel 2.4.27-0.pre2.1mdk (defult 2.6.8
> behaves spooky sometimes). Could some of these components be guilty? If I
> went back to Mandrake 9.2 could it better? I realize you might not be able
> to guess that far, but if you have an idea - please let me know.
>
> Cheers
> Maciek

PO Box 872402
Arizona State University