[GRASS5] First test on GRASS 6 screenshots page

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 17:54:44 EST 2005

> I have a feeling that this is the source of the trouble. I am adding
> and committing the diplo.png pair in this way to see. Please test the
> visualization screenshot page in a few hours to check this.

All seem to work now.

> If all goes well, I need to remove and re-add all the png images. Does
> Bernard need to remove them or can I?

according to the cvs man page, -kb works with 'cvs update'. No need to
do anything messy like remove & re-add files.

- noticed half of the images were missing <DEFANGED_IMG src ... border=0>

- noticed some graphics on vector page (maybe others) were using the
wrong height= and width= values so they are looking resampled & not as
nice.  e.g. "fire2-small.png" is 180x182 but vector.php sets it to
198x200.

- screen shots shouldn't be much bigger than 800x600. Loading a
1280x1024 or whatever screenshot into a web browser window on a lower
resultion machine is pretty hard to take in, even with full screen mode.
ctrl-alt-NumPad+ or ctrl-alt-NumPad- will often switch resolutions in X.
(but that doesn't change canvas size?) Maybe just reduce in GIMP.
Makes for smaller files too..

otherwise looks good.... what did you have in mind for the raster
processing screenshots?

Hamish