[GRASS5] GRASS 6.0.1 release schedule

William K woklist at charter.net
Sat Jul 2 12:13:22 EDT 2005

I hope it's OK to ask about a few others.  I've made a few bug
reports in the past, and nothing has been done for them.  I don't
know how to otherwise get things moving (I've been meaning to ask
around):

#2544  SHLIB_LD for darwin (Mac OS X) needs to be fixed.  This is the
biggest one - I have to patch every CVS snapshot.  In the last
comment I have in there, the SHLIB_LD setting I give still work gor
6.0, but doesn't for the current CVS (the meaning of LIB_RUNTIME_DIR
changed for some reason).  This works for both 6.0 and 6.1:

         SHLIB_CFLAGS="-fno-common"
         SHLIB_LD="cc -dynamiclib -flat_namespace -
compatibility_version \${GRASS_VERSION_MAJOR}.\${GRASS_VERSION_MINOR}
-current_version \${GRASS_VERSION_MAJOR}.\${GRASS_VERSION_MINOR} -
install_name \${INST_DIR}/lib/lib\${LIB_NAME}\${SHLIB_SUFFIX}"

#3104 & 3105  Missing $(TIFFLIBPATH) in a couple makefiles (OGSF and
NVIZ).  I build GRASS with support libraries in a non-standard
location (from my GraphicsLibs and GISLibs installers), and these
will fail without the path for libtiff.  Other Mac OS X users (like
Lorenzo) might have libraries in a non-standard location (ie Fink and
DarwinPorts).  For both 6.0 and 6.1.

Those are the main ones, that I think should get into a 6.0.1
release, and 6.1 of course.  There are a few others I haven't checked
recently, or that have been quietly fixed or fixed themselves (how
can I close them?).

On Jul 2, 2005, at 12:15 AM, Hamish wrote:

>> I think that it's time to get out GRASS 6.0.1 bugfix release.
>> The 6.0.1 version should be in a good shape now.
>>
>> Here a proposed schedule:
>>

> Sounds good.
>

> To recall a bug list from a previous email:
>
> --
> Subject: [GRASS5] Re: [Pkg-grass-general] update
> Date: 2005-05-28 01:01:57 GMT
> I wrote:

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect