[GRASS5] GRASS 6.0.1 release question

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 00:47:39 EDT 2005

> Because of the code freeze in December (or January?), a number of
> change I made to the GIS Manager prior to the release of 6.0 didn¹t
> make it into 6.0. However, they are in 6.1 (e.g., buttons to manage
> monitors). Will these go into 6.0.1 or will they remain relegated to
> 6.1?

6.0.1 is for bug fixes only, not for new features. So the usability
improvements stay in the 6.1 branch. This improves stability in the
release branch by stopping new features from introducing new bugs
(unnoticed side effects).

e.g. "GRASS does not compile with gcc 4.0" is a critical fix. "Nicer
font rendering for d.paint.labels" isn't.

Hamish