[GRASS5] [bug #3394] (grass) v.surf.rst, r.resamp.rst for cases when segment is smaller than grid cell

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Jul 4 01:00:26 EDT 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3394

Subject: v.surf.rst, r.resamp.rst for cases when segment is smaller than grid cell

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: CVS 6.1 checked out end of june

this is a very special special case that for 10 years never happened but I got 3 complaints this year already:

If the user does not use the default dmin in v.surf.rst and the data are much denser than the grid cell size the segment will be smaller than the grid cell and program gives an error with suggestion to use higher value of dmin or higher resolution. Some users would prefer that the program handles this case automatically while preserving as much data as possible.

Similarly for r.resamp.rst when reinterpolating to much lower resolution
(e.g. from 10 to 100), we get segment smaller than a grid cell and the program
gives incorrect disk full error message.

helena