[GRASS5] ps.atlas

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 19:41:23 EDT 2005

Here are some more comments, this is meant as FYI- if the script works
as you like it then no need to go further!

another little simplification, if you use 'v.in.ascii -n' (6.1-cvs
only) you can skip the header stuff:

> ORGANIZATION:
> DIGIT DATE:
etc.

awk is more likely to be installed vs. bc for floating point math.
e.g.   ANSWER=`echo "1.23 2.34" | awk '{print $1 + $2}'`

not as easy to read as bc input though so maybe better to leave it.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to overwrite an existing vector file
without asking if it already exists (when the module is no longer in the
development stage). Exit with an error instead.

> ps.map out=$out.eps
(1st time)

you didn't use the ps.map -e flag so output is .ps not .eps

scale= is a mapping instruction so best put in the ps.map command file
not on the command line. It is my intention to remove this from the
command line options in future. (will leave for GRASS 6 though)

> eval `g.region -p|grep '^north\|^east
etc.

use    eval `g.region -g`

> if [ "$cols" == "" ]; then