[GRASS5] (no subject)

Bart scarfboy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 12:26:06 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm wondering how layers come into the vector model.
I've found documents detailing the 5.1 and 5.7 vector
models (or at least mentioning that version), which
essentially states <field,category> (within a vector
feature within a mapset, etc) pairs refer to a  row within
a table (within a connection within a driver).

However, it doesn't mention layers. I presume a layer,
or rather a <field,layer,category> refers to a table
representing an set of attributes, in which the category
refers to the row.
I suppose this was hacked into a few grass executables
to be fairly transparent.

What I want to know is:
- Am I right in my guesswork? (for version 6.0, that is)
- Is there any singular documentation / changefile / readme that
actually explains this, and more importantly, explains what applies to
which version? I guess I'm being very optimistic there, but I suspect
there has to be better documentation than I've found so far...

Thanks,
--Bart Alewijnse