[GRASS5] GRASS 6 extension manager second release!

benducke at compuserve.de benducke at compuserve.de
Fri Jul 22 10:07:30 EDT 2005

This is to announce the second public version of the GRASS Extensions
Manager.
Since the last release, I fixed all serious bugs that were open and
completed the functionality that I would like to have for the 1.0
release.

I have also added a number of extensions to try out. Most notably,
you will find a new version of the Dempster-Shafer-Theory predictive
modelling tools. These tools have seen a complete overhaul and are now
much better than what was previously available from Michael Barton's
homepage. Documentation has been much improved and everything adapted
to GRASS 6.

[Michael: could you delete the file on your homepage and set a link
to the files on my page?]

All extensions come with README files. HTML documentation has been
polished up a lot.

You can download the files from my (German) homepage:

http://www.uni-kiel.de/ufg/ufg_BerDucke.htm

Check the links at the bottom of the main text frame.

gem-0.95.tgz is the C source code for the extensions manager plus
some documentation and a Linux libc 2.3 executable.

Please excuse the poor state of the documentation. I am still working on
it, but field season will start soon, so don't expect too much before
autumn.

If you downloaded and compiled gem, you can e.g. do the following from
inside a GRASS session:

gem http://www.uni-kiel.de/ufg/dateienDucke/RasterTools.tgz

This should download the extension 'RasterTools' including HTML docs and
GIS Manager entries. If you restart GIS Manager, you should
find a new 'Xtns' menu. HTML docs are accessible from the
main GRASS index.html.

Please look for more info in the README file and let me know
how it works for you. I would be thankful if someone could
compile and try this program on MacOS X and CygWin as I do not
have access to such a system right now.

[Michael: did you have any luck resolving the problems with
your C compiler?]

Cheers,

Benjamin