[GRASS5] PATCH: i.gensig

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 16:51:01 EDT 2005

Hello Brad

Brad Douglas wrote:
> I need to clean up some old cruft I had not already committed to
> generate a clean, uncluttered patch for the tempfile issues.
>
> Any objections to the attached patch?  Just some benign updates to
> i.gensig to do with message output and localization.
>

> -    fprintf (stderr, "Calculating class covariance matri%s ...", S->nsigs==1?"x":"ces");
> +    G_message(_("Calculating class covariance matri%s ..."),
> +              S->nsigs==1 ? "x" : "ces");

Well I don't think this type of thing would translate well into other
languages unless the singular and plural of the translation of the word
matrix ended in 'x' and 'ces' respectively!
Might be better to simplify/lengthen it to something like

if( S->nsigs==1 )
   G_message(_("Calculating class covariance matrix ...");
else
   G_message(_("Calculating class covariance matrices ...");

Paul