[GRASS5] Dealing with old bug reports: new GRASS 6 bugtracker?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jul 27 13:42:58 EDT 2005

I removed quite a few outdated bug reports, and I can confirm the
psychological effect Markus is talking about is very real.
And now is difficult to tell "true" bugs from cosmetic ones (in spite of the
classification).
All the best.
pc

At 18:00, mercoledì 27 luglio 2005, Markus Neteler has probably written:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 04:35:30PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 11:00:22PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > Because a bugtracker should look sort of "inviting" to people to
> > > help. If I see 450 bugs in a long page, I get tired immediately and
> > > go elsewhere :-)
> >
> > I tend to disagree that the long list is a major factor,
> > the feel of the development community is.
>
> Example:
>
> If I touch/fix 30 bugs out of 450, I change ~ 7%. Means, I
> don't see any visual impact.
>
> If I touch/fix 30 bugs out of 150 (and the GRASS 6 are less),
> I change 20%. This satisfies me much more psychologically.
>
> I am talking about psychologically effects here which are
> IMHO very important.
>
> > Usually you start fixing one or a few bugs that affects you
> > not looking at the others. And KDE and Debian prove the impact
> > wrong, they have a huge number of bugs in the tracker and attract
> > a lot of people.
>
> I don't think that we can compare KDE/GRASS or Debian/GRASS.
>
> [...]
>
> Markus

Paolo Cavallini
cavallini at faunalia.it   www.faunalia.it   www.faunalia.com