[GRASS5] [bug #3312] (grass) ERROR can not start GRASS on the Laptop

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Jun 3 00:12:38 EDT 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3312

Subject: ERROR can not start GRASS on the Laptop

Platform: WindowsNT/2000/XP
grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: 6.0.0

I downloaded the binaries from different sites, but on my laptop it does not work. I deleted and reinstalled cygwin and grass several times but every time i want to launch grass the mesage appears that the

                      libgrass_gis.6.1cvs.dll             was not found.

why is it looking for it? i use grass 6.0.0
I tried 6.1.cvs and i can launch it but its not working properly, because wenn i use d.mon x0 i cant close the window.

I used the same downloaded files on my PC and it works perfektly.

thank you