[GRASS5] r.random broken

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jun 3 19:49:10 EDT 2005

I just tried to use r.random to generate a set of random points across the
Spearfish dem file‹to illustrate interpolation.

When I display the points, they are all clustered along the top (i.e.,
north) edge. This happens with both raster and vector points, and when I run
it against both elevation.dem and elevation.10m. It looks something is wrong
with the algorithm to generate the y values.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA