[Pkg-grass-general] Re: [GRASS5] r.out.gdal

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 03:13:47 EDT 2005

> > Seems to fix the quoting problem, but now I get this error:
> >
> > (spearfish57 test dataset on Debian)
> >
> > G:user1 > r.out.gdal in=elevation.10m out=elev format=GTiff
> > type=Float32 Writing format: GTiff
> > Writing type:   Float32
> > ERROR 4:
> > `/home/hamish/grassdata/spearfish57/PERMANENT/cellhd/elevation.10m'
> > not recognised as a supported file format.
> >
> > GDALOpen failed - 4
> > `/home/hamish/grassdata/spearfish57/PERMANENT/cellhd/elevation.10m'
> > not recognised as a supported file format.
>
> This is fixed in libgdal1-grass 1.2.5-0.dgis.unstable.3. I had
> uploaded this a while ago, but didn't realize it had been rejected. I
> switched to using an orig.tar.gz file and forgot to force its
> inclusion in the .changes file.

I can confirm that GRASS's r.out.gdal and QGIS GRASS plugin both now
work out of the box using the Debian+DebianGIS packages.
 (i.e. libgdal1-grass 1.2.5-0.dgis.unstable.4)

(re)added a check to r.out.gdal that looks to see if the plugin is
found.

It would be nice if Debian's QGIS packages could assume GISBASE is
/usr/lib/grass so you don't have to be in GRASS to start it. Maybe
search /usr/lib/grass and wherever GRASS's default 'make install' puts
it (/usr/local/grass??) before sending the "Please set GISBASE and
restart to use GRASS plugin" message?

this works for now:

GISBASE=/usr/lib/grass qgis

thanks for the quick response,