[GRASS5] doxygen

J.C.M. van der Kwast jkwast at freeler.nl
Thu Jun 9 08:17:26 EDT 2005

Hi Developers,

Alltough there doesn't seem to be much interest, I'm still persisting on
this subject.
Now that the concept of my thinking is working, I would urge you all to
have a look at the
doxygen generated Programmers manual (based on GRASS 6.0). It's the
product of a script I've been working some time on, where all c or c++
code is transformed by doxygen and placed in the same directory
structure as the sources. In fact it's a system, for generating script
based documentation, adding and updating is made easier, which I will
explain sometime soon.
I've started last year with the wiki page TheGrassProgrammingHowto, but
as the wiki proved to have limitations and doxygen was the new way, I
started looking into it.

The result of my efforts can be seen here:

http://members.home.nl/jkwast/doxygenhtml

I'll hope you will find some time to look at it, as good documentation
will also attract  more developers and make it easier for the non
programmers among us, to more quickly become one. The very fine example
of documentation would be the gtk+-2.0 library (www.gtk.org/tutorial/),
as is their code base.

Greetings,

Joris van der Kwast

Bsc Tropical Agriculture
Unigis student

PS If you like it, I will try and see if somebody is willing to put the
scripts in cvs.