[GRASS5] [bug #3350] (grass) ps.map: vpoints draws before grid

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jun 22 01:04:46 EDT 2005

On Wed, June 22, 2005 7:02, Hamish said:
>> Since you are discussing wishes for ps.map:
>>
>> How difficult would it be to add the 'size_att' option we had for
>> sites in 5.4 ps.map to the vpoints command in ps.maps 6.1 ?
>

> You mean for doing this sort of thing?
>
> http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass60/screenshots/images/d.vect.chart_pie.png

Well, I wasn't even that ambitious (although this would be the ideal). Just
being able to make the size of the symbol vary according to a value in one
column of the attribute table would already be very useful. It doesn't sound
too complicated, but then again, I haven't even looked at the source code,
yet.

> seems like a nice idea, but I'm not working on it right now.

Well, if I have some time these days, I'll try to look into and understand the
source code...

I don't know why, but sizeable symbols never seem a priority in cartographic
software...

Moritz