[GRASS5] DM update question

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Mar 1 01:44:39 EST 2005

I see that there is still a flurry of activity getting ready for a stable
6.0 release.

Recently, Lorenzo Moretti came out with a new aqua tcltk version of Mac
binaries that is quite nice and very promising. There is some minor work to
do on the interface in this respect that can wait until after the 6.0
release.

However, in these aqua tcltk binaries, the legend option in the raster
display panel is broken. Several weeks ago, I updated this panel somewhat
and made a much better legend display--much more like the legend display in
the display manager for 5.4. I've been waiting to update to this but am now
wondering if it would be better to do it now. It's a minor change and
several of us have been using it for a couple weeks with no problem. But it
hasn't been tested on Linux.

To work, however, it needs a procedure (that Glynn helped with) that is used
in the monitor select button bar that I added at the same time. Again, this
is only in the GIS Manager tcltk scripting, seems to work without any
problems, and won't break anything in the main C-code modules.

So what do you think? Should I go ahead and upload these changes for the GIS
Manager to the CVS? Or should I wait?

I have a couple small windows over the next 2 days to commit this. Then
won't be able to do anything until next week. However, the new dm directory
is available from my website if anyone wants to take a look at it.

Michael
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402