bug tracking: areas (was: [GRASS5] bugs)

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 21:33:54 EST 2005

> > - split it into two queues: grass5x and grass6x (with different
> > links from  grass web site); this would make it far easier to keep
> > everything tidy, even  if at the expenses of some replication
>
> Two queues can be done by the tracker, but I would suggest
> to use two links from the butracking page to archive the same.

...but any raster/lib bugs will affect both versions. Better to clear
out all grass5.x-specific bugs from the bug tracker to the old
grass/BUGS file in CVS, add a prominent link to that on the GRASS 5.4
webpage & main bug reporting page, and go on from there?

a warning of which bug numbers will be archived & removed from the bug
tracker a few days before it happens would be nice (posted to this
list).

Sound like a plan?

Hamish