[GRASS5] [bug #3050] (grass) d.m should close on exit

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Wed Mar 2 06:50:25 EST 2005

From: "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [GRASS5] [bug #3050] (grass) d.m should close on exit

>> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3050
>>
>> Subject: d.m should close on exit
>>
>> Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
>> grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
>> grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
>> GRASS Version: grass-6.0.cvs_src_snapshot_2005_02_12
>>
>> Shouldn't the d.m and it's windows automatically close when exiting
>> Grass?
>

> .. it does on OSX.

But it doesn't on my Mandrake 10.1...

> this is d.m from GUI startup, not d.m& from the prompt, right?

Exactly - I'm refering to the d.m from automatic GUI startup.

After I "exit" grass from the prompt monitors get closed, a following
message is printed:

Closing monitors.....
Cleaning up temporary files.....
done

Goodbye from GRASS GIS

but the d.m (which was started automaticaly on Grass startup) and all the
GUI windows remain. Then I quit the d.m from it's menu. Then d.m together
with all the GUI windows which where opened from within the d.m close. But
those GUI windows which where opened  from the prompt still remain, and I
have to close each manually.

It's been this way in each Grass6 snapshot I bulit so far.

Maciek