[GRASS5] NVIZ vector limits

peter.loewe at gmx.de peter.loewe at gmx.de
Thu Mar 3 08:30:35 EST 2005

Dear list

>The maximum number of vectors is defined in gsurf.h in the ogsf library.
>It is currently limited to 12 (#define MAX_VECTS 12).
>
>Try setting it to the number of vectors you need to draw, and let us
>know how well it works (memory consumption, etc). If there are no
>side-effects it should probably be permanently set higher (along with
>the sites (vector points) limit).

Increasing the VECTOR, SIZE etc MAX_VALUES to 36 fixed the problem for my
case. No more annoying error messages regarding max number of vectors.
Side-effects were not encountered.

I suggest to use a truly large upper limit for vectors & stuff. What about
100 or more ?

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Löwe

Diplom-Geograph

<loewe at geomancers.net>
<peter.loewe at gmx.de>

Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail