[GRASS5] Re: getl.c

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 04:56:03 EST 2005

> >>Hamish, will you try G_getl2 in v.in.ascii?
> >
> > do you want this applied pre-6.1?
>
> If v.in.ascii now works with input from all platforms wait for 6.1,
> if it does not and it does with G_getl2, apply that for 6.0

Right now it works 98% of the time. Mac/OS9 input doesn't work, but
should fail with an error message the user will understand. I'd
rather not risk having a broken v.in.ascii for 6.0.0 so I will leave
this for 6.1.

> > there have been many changes since 6beta2, will there be a 6beta3?
>
> There should be only bugfixes. I don't want to get into endless beta
> loop.

I was worried about the case that one of the bugfixes has introduced a
new bug which will not be found until after the release because everyone
is testing the pre-bugfix version.  .. but you are doing the work so it
is totally up to you of course.

Hamish