[GRASS5] Angle of incidence in viewshed/line of sight

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Mar 8 11:03:49 EST 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Paul Kelly wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Michael Barton wrote:
>
> > Benjamin,
> >
> > How are you coming on a way to install code like this without compiling or
> > recompiling GRASS?
>
> Did we not already decide that now that GRASS has shared libraries, it
> only needs the header files to be included in the binary distribution?
> Then only the new module needs to be compiled (and a script can be
> written to do this automatically).
> Radim may even have already done this (added the headers to the install).

Am I completely wrong that for a module linking against say -lgis, you
still need a copy of libgis.a somewhere on the -L? How is the module to
"know" that its function calls are resolved? libproj.* is distributed as
*.a, *.la, and *.so - but you are right that beta2/lib only has
libgrass_*.so files. Are we anticipating that a user will compile an added
module locally even though the GRASS install was binary? Is the compile
train for added modules supposed to know what wizzardry GRASS does with
the LD path?

Roger