[GRASS5] [bug #3084] (grass) Running r.le.pixel moving window causes memeory error

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Mar 11 06:19:51 EST 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3084

Subject: Running r.le.pixel moving window causes memeory error

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: GDF Hannover compiled rpms!!
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: GRASS 6.0.0beta2 (2005)

My name is Sander Oom.

I am trying to run r.le.pixel using a moving window on a large raster.

As the process progresses, memory usage by the r.le.pixel process slowly increases, until the following error message appears:

ERROR: G_calloc: out of memory

The process then terminates.

I have also send a possibly related querry to the Grass mailing list, as the output looks very funny.

Hope this bug report is helpful. The functionality provide by r.le is very useful. I hope the package will be supported in the future.

Cheers,

Sander.