[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:6166] Re: Problems with make -GRASS 5.4

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Mar 15 03:16:56 EST 2005

Sorry, I dropped this before realising the potential consequences:

>> Good to hear. I've committed it to CVS. This problem has been reported
>> a  few times now and seems to manifest itself depending on what
>> compiler you  are using so when I have time over the next week or so
>> I'll see about  merging a few more bugfixes into the 5.4 release
>> branch and see if we can  get 5.4.1 ready.

> 5.4.1 will include forward compatibility with the GRASS 6 WIND files,
> by just ignoring any of the new lines, right?

> Hamish

But will 5.4.1 write GRASS 6 WIND or GRASS 5 WIND? I think GRASS 6 can
read GRASS 5 wind OK (please confirm or contradict!). I can fix (with
enough warning) the R/GRASS compiled interface for GRASS 5* to read using
the new function (which has to cope with 5.4 and 6.0 styles), ignoring the
new lines, but it shouldn't write them, because that would break the
interface for < 5.4.1 people.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand