[GRASS5] [bug #3098] (grass) r.surf.fractal segfault

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Mar 17 13:50:25 EST 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3098

Subject: r.surf.fractal segfault

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: grass_61_cvs_17_03_05

Cherio

Thanks for 6.1! Here goes my first 6.1 bug. Though I haven't checked if
it appears in 6.0 as well.

GRASS 6.1.cvs (probna):~ > g.region -p
projection: 0 (x,y)
zone:       0
north:      10000
south:      100
west:       100
east:       30000
nsres:      1
ewres:      1
rows:       9900
cols:       29900

GRASS 6.1.cvs (probna):~ > r.surf.fractal out=fract_dem d=2.001 n=0
Steps=1
Preliminary surface calculations.
Segmentation fault

It looks the cause is (not really) big region. When set res to 10 it went
fine. Is there a chance that r.surf.fractal could work in bigger regions?

Sieczka

P.S.
I have downloaded this Grass CVS directly from the www interface using
"Download tarball". Is that ok or do I have to use CVS command absolutely?

P.S.2
A new bug category is needed - "bug in Grass 6.1".