[GRASS5] tcl/tk chinese fonts issue

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Mar 18 10:32:46 EST 2005

(cc grass5)

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 04:21:24PM +0800, nilarcs wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:43:46 +0100, Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 03:27:39PM +0800, nilarcs wrote:

[ Initial chinese translation in CVS now ]

> > > Today I have tested the po file,  it worked fine. But the font in the
> > > GUI looks ugly , I want to change the font,  but I don't know how to
> > > do. Can you give me some suggestion?
> >
> About the font, I think one picture is more clear than thousands words :)

[example attached]

Actually I don't know how to change the font for the tcl/tk
windows. In the old 'tcltkgrass' there was an option for that
which isn't migrated yet (AFAIK).

Maybe our tcl experts have an idea.
Probably just the bold fonts are causing problems (font size?).

> Is there any branch of grass with GTK2 or QT ?

There is QGIS with GRASS support, but it would be nice to have
that fixed in GRASS as well.

> Zhang Jun
> 2005-03-17

Markus