[GRASS5] GIS Speaker Request

Mike Stagg mikestagg at digitallouisiana.org
Mon Mar 28 02:20:28 EST 2005

Hi!

I'm a GRASS user in Lafayette, Louisiana, USA. I'm also the seminar
track coordinator for TechSouth, a two-day technology summit and expo
now in its second year of existence. TechSouth is a regional technology
conference, drawing participants from the northern Gulf of Mexico
region, roughly from Houston, Texas, to Pensacola, Florida. This year's
conference is being held on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 19-20. You can
learn more about the conference at our website: www.techsouth.org

We have added a GIS track to the conference in response to inquiries
from attendees and businesses. ESRI has signed on as an exhibitor. But,
we are also working to include an open source presence where possible.

So, we are seeking a seminar leader who can deliver a session on GRASS
in our GIS track. That track is scheduled to run on Tuesday, April 19,
but we have enough flexibility to make this work on Wednesday, April 20
as well.

We can pay travel and lodging. The final day of the conference is also
the opening night of Festival International, a four-day music and
culture festival now in its 19th year. Here's the URL for the Festival:
www.festivalinternational.com

Last year, we had just over 1,000 registrants for TechSouth. We expect
to beat that record this year. The majority of the attendees are
business, government, and IT decision makers. Considering the great
interest in GIS, this could be a significant opportunity to make these
decision makers aware of GRASS and its utility.

I'm pretty much a newbie at this, having worked only a couple of
projects with GRASS, so having someone with a higher level of expertise
is necessary. If anyone in Texas or any of the Gulf Coast states would
be interested in this opportunity, please contact me directly.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

Mike Stagg, Coordinator
TechSouth Seminar Tracks
337.962.1680

TechSouth • Lafayette,  LA