[GRASS5] [bug #3124] (grass) impossible to remove imported vector file

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Mar 29 17:19:07 EST 2005

Radim Blazek wrote:
> What is written in head file?

thanks for the hint - the problem files have an extra empty line in the header - like this

ORGANIZATION: GRASS Development Team

DIGIT DATE:   Tue Mar 26 13:37:29
DIGIT NAME:   jaro
MAP NAME:     NCS-GRD2.dxf
MAP DATE:
MAP SCALE:    2400
OTHER INFO:
ZONE:         0
MAP THRESH:   0.000000

when I remove that empty line, it works OK (d.vect displays it and g.remove deletes it)

I tried to find out why it is putting that line in and it looks like this file might have
been imported under MS Windows (Jaro do you remember? all the files that do not work
have x permissions)
-rw-r--r--    1 helena   helena       2163 Jan 10 22:46 wetland
-rwxr-xr-x    1 helena   helena       1851 Mar 29 11:46 wetlandcheckd

let me know if I should explore this further - apparently it is the data that is the problem,
but we should find a better way how to handle such data as other users may have something
like this too,

Helena