[GRASS5] installer for GRASS libs

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon May 9 21:48:52 EDT 2005

Radim Blazek wrote:

> > I am still working on the GEM installer program and need
> > some help regarding installation of externally compiled
> > libraries for GRASS 6:
> >
> > which of the GRASS Makefiles is responsible for copying include
> > files into place? Where do I have to place include files so
> > they will get copied to /usr/local/grass-6.0.0/include when
> > doing "make install"? Does the make system also recursively copy
> > directories with contents or just *.h files in the top level.
>
> To avoid conflicts, the GRASS header files should be installed in
> include/grass directory and included as
>
> #include "grass/gis.h"

That should be:

	#include <grass/gis.h>

Using quotes causes the preprocessor to look for the file relative to
the directory containing the source file, before the directories
specified by -I switches and the system include directories.

IOW, quotes should only be used for headers which are in the same
directory as the source file.