[GRASS5] Libgrass_gis on mingw - spawn.c / make_loc.c patches

Javier A. Yebrin javier.yebrin at ing.unitn.it
Thu May 12 12:40:15 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Returning to the Grass compilation under MINGW and since finally I was able
to compile almost all raster modules, I'll start to propose the
modifications I've made, in order to make them available to the world.

The first two patches, because of a simple and straightforward
implementation, have been applied already. Just search for the MINGW ifdefs
in spawn.c and make_loc.c, in lib/gis.

Soon other "heavier" patches will follow.

Cheers,
Javier

Javier A. Yebrin wrote:

> Thanks Thomas for your support and comments.
> I'm not a programmer so I find it very difficult to understand how to get
> this working.
> If you can give me some additional hints, specially for the problem with
> wait.h and its functions, I'll be very much happy.
> I extend this request to the GRASS developers list, as I believe they
could
> contribute to this quest just with a little effort.

The code which uses sys/wait.h is currently unused. You can disable
compilation of it by removing spawn.o from the definition of LIB_OBJS
in lib/gis/Makefile. That will get over that particular problem.
However, you may well run into similar problems building code which is
actually used.