[GRASS5] d.vect.thematic committed to CVS

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 23:04:55 EDT 2005

> I fixed a few small bugs and committed d.vect.thematic and v.univar.sh
> to the CVS.

both:

- to "activate" new modules, you need to add them to the parent
Makefile, e.g. grass6/scripts/Makefile.

- Instead of a table= option, parse the output of v.db.connect -g (or -p)
to get the answer automatically. I see you have commented out in thematic:
#v.db.connect map=fields2 -pg
note -pg isn't correct, choose one or the other. If this doesn't show
the correct table then it is a bug & should be fixed.

v.univar.sh:

please keep option names consistent with other modules, e.g. 'db.connect
driver= database=' instead of drv= and db=.

d.vect.thematic:

get rid of "#% key: icon"  options line. Why restrict?
G> ls $GISBASE/etc/symbol/*

colorscheme=
 I'm a huge fan of blue->cyan->yellow->red. Why not let it be any of the
colorschemes in $GISBASE/etc/colors/? (ok, very hard to parse in a shell
script)

if [ "$OPT_GIS_table" = "" ] ; then
 use instead:  (probably breaks on cygwin)
if [ -z "$OPT_GIS_table" ] ; then

min="`grep 'Minimum:' TMP1 | sed s/Minimum://`"
max="`grep 'Maximum:' TMP1 | sed s/Maximum://`"
mean="`grep 'Mean:' TMP1 | sed s/Mean://`"
etc.
change TMP1 -> "$TMP1"

Always try to "quote" file names. (spaces in names, etc)

 themecolor=$color1":"$color2":"$color3
 themecolor="$color1:$color2:$color3"

(not a big deal, just cleaner)

.. and that's about as far as I got through an audit.

nice work,

Hamish